Thursday, August 11, 2011

Help with tofu recipe please?

We got some tofu the other day so I tried to make some tofu stirfry... I made some really good tofu stirfry a couple of months ago but I forgot to save the recipe! so I spent forever looking for another recipe. I finally found one that looked okay, but when I made it the tofu was WAY too salty. It said to marinate the tofu in soy sauce and garlic, and I cooked veggies seperately (broccoli, mushrooms, peas, onions). I tried the tofu and it was WAY too salty and marinating it made it look really unappetizing (it looked like beef chunks; I'm a vegetarian and I never was a fan of beef before) I put it in with the veggies hoping they'd dilute the salty taste or something, but I ending up taking it out and storing it in the fridge because it was just wayyyyy too salty to eat. Is there any way to make it taste less salty? Oh, and does anyone have any tried and true good recipes using tofu?

No comments:

Post a Comment